Due to continued precipitation and freezing temperatures, the City of Brownwood will be adapting its hours of operation.
Updated as of 11:16 AM, Feb. 1, 2023.
Due to continued precipitation and freezing temperatures, the City of Brownwood will be adapting its hours of operation. The following adjustments are announced for Wednesday, February 1st.
- Emergency services will continue to operate as normal including Fire, Police, Dispatch.
- *The Landfill will be open from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM noon, but the Recycling Center will be closed.
- *Sanitation pick-up has been cancelled due to road and parking lot conditions.
- The Senior Citizens Center will not serve congregant meals or home delivery.
- All other city departments NOT listed above will be closed on Wednesday, Feb. 1.
Now is an opportune time to register your cell phone number and/or email address to receive emergency alerts from the City of Brownwood by text, phone, and/or email. The CivicReady Alerts is available to the City of Brownwood residents. Register at: https://bit.ly/BTXalerts
Oncor is the electricity provider in the City of Brownwood. Report power outages through Oncor’s Storm Center website (https://bit.ly/BTXoutage), by calling 888-313-4747 or texting OUT to 66267 if you have registered for My Oncor Alerts. To register for My Oncor Alerts, text REG to 66267.
TxDOT advises drivers to use caution when driving over bridges and overpasses, and remember a vehicle needs more distance to stop on a slick roadway. Do not apply the brakes suddenly, do not use cruise control, and drive with care when road conditions are affected by cold weather. You can monitor road conditions by visiting drivetexas.org.