- Inspections are provided for all food establishments in Brown County to safeguard public health and promote safe, unadulterated, and honestly presented food to consumers. Each establishment receives 2 inspections each years, providing guidance toward meeting the regulations established by the Texas Food Establishment Rules (TFER). These codes can be found: https://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.ViewTAC?tac_view=4&ti=25&pt=1&ch=228
- Review of plans and site for new establishments or remodels are completed upon request. Please call (325)646-0554 to make an appointment.
- Establishment must have a completed inspection and permit prior to opening
- All employees must have a Food Handlers Permit. https://dshs.texas.gov/food-handlers/
- Each establishment must have at least one Certified Food Manager. https://dshs.texas.gov/food-managers/default.aspx
- A valid Certificate of Occupancy from the City of Brownwood or approval from the county inspector in Brown County is required prior to issuance of a Food Establishment Permit.
- Food Establishment Permit (January 1-December 31)- $150 per year
- Seasonal Food Establishment Permit (up to 6 months) - $70
- Reinspection Fee- $80
- Temporary Food Establishment Permit (1-5 days) - $60
Temporary Food Establishment Permit
Food Establishment Permit