The Brownwood/Brown County Health Department serves as a Rabies Depot for multiple surrounding counties including Brown, Coleman, McCullough, Erath, Mills, and Comanche.
- A legible copy of the patient's complete insurance information (private, Medicaid, Worker's Compensation, etc) both the front and back of those documents
- A legible copy of the patient's or guardian's drivers license
- Complete copy of the Human Rabies Biological Payment Agreement and Surveillance Report
- Patient's Prescription
- The patient's prescription must include the proper language ( Rabies Immune Globulin and Rabies Vaccine), as well as the patient's weight. The prescription may be a faxed copy and can be signed by an M.D., D.O., F.N.P. or P.A. as long as they are authorized to write prescriptions in Texas.
- The incident or bite must be reported to the local animal control officer through the local police dept.
- Patient's must provide their own transportation equipment, a small cooler with ice.
- Patient or doctor's office must call ahead to assure that the vaccine is available.